Following on from our club tours to the Champagne Region and Loire Valley, 2024 focuses on the centuries of rich history across the globally strategic waterway of Turkeys Dardanelles.
Alongside centuries of military history that stretch from Ancient Troy to the 1915 Gallipoli campaign, we also explore and celebrate the variety of emerging wine and local food produce of the region.
With flight and non-flight options, our tour will depart from Heathrow or meet in Istanbul before we transfer to the vibrant city of Canakkale for three nights. After exploring the Gallipoli Campaign, (through the eyes of club members who served there), we transfer a short way south to the area of Troy, spending two further nights in a boutique shoreside spa hotel.
With visits to vineyards, boat trips and exploring excellent local produce, this trip will uncover centuries of history alongside the magnificent food and wine culture of the local area.
The tour is inclusive of:
• all coach transfers once in Turkey, driver, fuel, ferries, and tolls
• Experienced British and Turkish guides throughout
• Welcome drink and map pack on arrival in Canakkale
• Three night’s accommodation on a B&B basis in central Canakkale
• Two night’s accommodation on a half board basis close to Troy
• All lunches included
• All wine tastings included
• All museum entries included
• Boat trip from Gaba Tepi to Anzac Cove included
• Two group evening meals while at the Troia Tuscan
In addition, as ATOL holders, Battle Honours can arrange flights, alternately you can meet the group at Istanbul Airport. It is also possible to pre-arrange extensions in Istanbul via our Turkish Local Agents Wilusa Travel.
Battle Honours have been visiting Gallipoli for twenty years leading almost 100 tours to the region and have exceptional contacts in the local area making this a trip not to miss!